Frequently Asked Questions
General Rules For Posting Ads
As a condition of your use of FindCarToday you agree that you are older than 18 years of age.
At FindCarToday we want to make sure that the site is as clean, friendly and usable as possible for everyone. Ads that fall outside the posting rules stated in this section or our FindCarToday Terms and Conditions may be removed from the site.
- Against any of our policies
- Duplicate of another ad you posted. Our ads allow for recycling, be default this is after 30 days if you want to "re-post" your ad, you can do this from you Ad Management area in your profile
- Posted with incorrect selections (You must choose the most relevant options for your ad, eg: Car Make is Alfa Romeo, but you select it as BMW)
- We only accept ads in English
- No overseas ads accepted, FindCarToday is only for local community or local businesses
- No website links to other property / job / classified or auction sites
- Not descriptive enough (Ads that do not provide enough detail will be removed as this makes for a bad browsing experience)
- Appears to be a copy of another ad posted on FindCarToday (You may not copy other user ads, your ad must be original)
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality
- Selling or offering services for anything other than vehicles
- Ads that report other fraudulent ads. Please report potentially fraudulent ads via the "report ad" option located within each ad or Contact Us with ad details (ad id, email address)
FindCarToday reserves the right to remove any postings that we feel are not relevant, or of value to the FindCarToday community, with or without notice.
There are several reasons why an Ad may have been removed from the site including:
When this happens your ad may be temporarily suspended (this depends on a few things) until we look at it. We check reported ads as quickly as we can. As long as we find that it hasn't broken any Posting Policies (FindCarToday General Posting Policy) or FindCarToday Terms and Conditions it should be back up again shortly. Check back after a few hours to see if this is the case.
Your ad has been reported (Reporting ads) to us. Your ad has been removed.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your ad then please let us know via our contact page so we can help you out.
Can I link to my website in my ad?
You can include a web site address in the main body of your ad, we do not permit URL's in the title. URL's are permitted for the following reasons:
- Link to additional product information
- Link to a page with more pictures
- Link to a page with an alternate contact method
Please note that links on the main body of your ad will not be clickable.
Ads that are just a URL will be removed, every ad must be descriptive and informative so that users can make an informed decision before choosing to navigate to another URL. We also do not allow links that are designed solely to redirect traffic to another website.
Can I post my ad multiple times?
It will be removed. You ad will have the option after 30 days to "re-post" it, this makes it easier to not have many duplicate ads (which will be deleted and is not allowed).
How many ads can I post?
We currently only offer our Free Account. This allows you to post 5 unique Ads on FindCarToday for free. Unique means that the Ads are substantially different from each other. Please do not post the same Ad over and over again. From the Manage Ads section in your profile you can "re-post" your same ad after 30 days. This restriction is in place to prevent users from "spamming" the site. If you would like to post more than the allowed Ads on your account, please contact us.
Why was my ad removed?
There are several reasons why an ad may have been removed from the site including:
When this happens your ad may be temporarily suspended (this depends on a few things) until we look at it. We check reported ads as quickly as we can. As long as we find that it hasn't broken any Posting Policies (What are the General rules for posting an ad?) or FindCarToday Terms and Conditions it should be back up again shortly. Check back after a few hours to see if this is the case.
Ads that are reported to us or identified by our automated tools as inappropriate and break our Posting Policies (What are the General rules for posting an ad?) or FindCarToday Terms and Conditions will be removed from the site. In most cases we email you to let you know when we have had to remove your ad. These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for FindCarToday emails. If your junk / spam settings are set at high, then FindCarToday emails may not even be delivered to the spam / junk folder. You may wish to add FindCarToday to your safe senders list (if you have one).
- Your ad has been reported to us
- Your ad has been removed
- Your access has been restricted
- Posters that regularly break our Posting Policies / Terms and Conditions may find we also have to restrict their future use of the site. Even if your current ad meets our Posting Policies / Terms and Conditions, if you have previously broken these you may be unable to post on FindCarToday again. This system has all the imperfections of a democratic system. If after a few hours your ad is not back up on and, after reading our Posting Policies (What are the General rules for posting an ad?) or FindCarToday Terms and Conditions, you are confident your posting adheres to our guidelines completely and is in the spirit of FindCarToday, please let us know.
- Users flagged the ad as being spam or offensive
- The ad was posted in multiple times or incorrectly
- The ad expired automatically after being listed for its full duration
My ad was deleted. Will my fees be reimbursed?
What is not allowed?
The vehicles categories are for both private and commercial sellers and buyers.
Write the most descriptive and informative ad as possible, users will appreciate a well made ad and you may find you gain a greater response. Remember, you can use as much space as you like and you can even include multiple photos.
Always provide accurate information such as millage.
No links to auction sites or links to your ad posted on another site.
Ensure your advertisement isn't breaching any applicable laws. It is the responsibility of the advertiser before posting an ad on FindCarToday that content advertised adheres to FindCarToday Posting Policies as well as applicable laws. As a condition of your use of FindCarToday specified under our Terms and Conditions, you agree that you will not violate any laws.
Do you offer a Premium Account for Dealers?
At the moment we are still working on it. This will offer full analytics and will allow for a huge increase in the number of active ads that are allowed.
Dealers will also get a customized dedicated page on our website, and be featured in our Dealer Search. Please keep an eye on us for information aobut the launch of our Dealer Accounts.