Kastim Pty Ltd ("FindCarToday") is the operator of findcar.today ("the Site") and the data controller. This Privacy Notice describes:
- the personal information we collect and how we use that information
- when we might disclose your personal information; and
- how we keep and protect your personal information.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we have, or are likely to have, access to. Personal information doesn’t include anonymous or aggregated information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We can change this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the updated terms to the Site. The updated terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
We collect information you give us including:
- When you register for an account: Information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses or user ID (where applicable) when you register for an account with us
- When we verify you or your account: we may collect and process information (as permitted by law) to authenticate you or your account, or to verify the information that you provided to us
- When you transact on our Services: such as when you post an ad, reply to an ad, information you provide during a transaction or other transaction-based content. We may also collect your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) if you buy a feature from us or are required to pay fees to us
- When you engage with our community: such as when you submit a web form or participate in community discussions or chats
- When you interact with your account: such as updating or adding information to your account, adding items to alerts lists and saving searches. Sometimes you may also give us your age, gender, interests and favourites
- When you contact us: such as through a web form, chat or when we otherwise communicate with each other. We may also record our calls with you (if we have your consent to do so)
We collect information automatically including:
- Information from the devices you use when interacting with us or our Services such as device ID or unique user ID, device type, ID for advertising and unique device token
- Information about your location such as geo-location
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information
We collect information using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies including:
- Information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Services, or within our advertising or email content. For more information about our use of these technologies and how to control them, see our notice on Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies.
Information we collect from other sources including:
- Information we get from third parties such as publicly available demographic information, publicly available contact information, credit check information and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws
- Information from social media sites when you use those sites to register, share information or connect to your account. Those sites may automatically give us access to some personal information they hold about you (e.g., content you viewed, content you liked, and information about the advertisements you were shown or clicked on, etc.). If you give us access to any account with video content, we may share your video viewing with, or collect information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information we have access to through your privacy settings on the social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. When you grant us access to information held by social media sites you agree that we may collect, use and retain it in accordance with this Privacy Notice
- Information other users may provide about you. If another user gives us information about you, they must tell you about our collection, use, disclose and retention policies before giving us the information. They must also get your explicit consent before giving us your information
Use and Retention
We use your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our Services
Your personal information allows us to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Services as well as access to your history, internal messages and other features we may provide
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like
- Customise, measure and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- To provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results and other personalised content)
We use your personal information to contact you about your account:
We may contact you via FindCarToday Messaging, email, telephone, SMS messages or postal mail:
- To give you customer support about your account such as to troubleshoot problems, to collect fees or monies owed to us, or to get your opinion through surveys
We use your personal information to personalise our advertising and marketing, including to:
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, SMS text messages or postal mail to offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services (if you have consented to this contact). Message and data rates may apply
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers
We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, including to:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
Retention of personal information:
If your account is active, we will keep your personal information as long as we need it for our operations. We may also keep personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, stop fraud, collect fees owed, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions under applicable national laws. If we no longer need your personal information, we securely dispose of it.
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws.
- We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so
We disclose your information to third-party service providers and financial institution partners, who may use it to:
- Help us provide our Services, payment processing services and customise advertising
We may disclose your information to law enforcement and other parties in connection with the law, including:
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request regarding a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any of our users to legal risk
- Third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document
Change of Ownership
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centres and information access authorisation controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us.
When you use social login:
- If you sign into your social network account using the same email that you previously used to register for an account with us, you will access your existing account with us.
- If you sign into your social network account using an email address that we don't recognise in our systems, a new account will be created in our systems for you.
You may use social login or regular sign in each time you login into your account with us. If you use regular sign in but a password has not been issued to you (because you registered through social login) you need to get a password through the password reset flow.
When you use social login the "keep me signed in" policies of the social network provider apply. We do not control
those policies. For your safety we recommend that you:
- Don't use social login if you are accessing our Services using a public or shared device
- Visit your social network provider site to learn about their sign in policies and your options
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list, call or send SMS messages for commercial purposes, even if a user bought something from you, unless the user has given their explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and SMS messages is against our Terms of Conditions. To report spam or spoof emails please contact us.
Third party privacy practices
We can't guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party. You should check the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information, even when dealing with buyers or sellers on our site.
- Enable you to enter your password less frequently during a session.
- Provide information that is targeted to your interests.
- Promote and enforce trust and safety.
- Measure promotional effectiveness.
- Analyse our website traffic.
A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1 x 1) or clear GIF placed in the web page code. Web beacons serve many of the same purposes as cookies. In addition, web beacons are used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximise web traffic flow.
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our websites. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with FindCarToday and other legal restrictions. FindCarToday does not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our websites.
Information, which may be used to tailor the advertising you see on the FindCarToday or elsewhere on the web, but we don't permit them to collect any personal information about you.
We don't permit third-party content on FindCarToday (such as item listings) to include cookies or web beacons. If you believe a listing might be collecting personal information or using cookies, please report it to us.